Accurate and reliable performance data is difficult
to acquire safely, particularly in the hostile high
voltage environment encountered in utility
distribution systems, including CT rated primary
metering sites. Quite often testing is not done,
allowing installation error, environmental damage,
magnetization and manufacturing defects to go
undetected. This can result in serious metering
deficiencies - problems that can add up to critical
kilowatt-hour losses to the utility.
The Retriever II Fiber Optic High Voltage Current
Probe safely interfaces to the Spinlab 5000 Bird Dog
Plus Analyzer to provide the essential current
measurements cost conscious utilities need today.
With the Retriever II, it is now possible to make
in-service ratio, wiring, and burden tests on
primary metering CTs
- 50 foot fiber-optic cable. (longer lengths
available on request)
- Portable, easily installed on energized
lines from the ground using a hot stick.
- Compact, lightweight - less than 3lbs,
including removable hanging fixture.
- Range 2A to 2,000 Amps Auto Ranging.
- Broad bandwidth (10kHz).
- Accuracy: 0.5% of reading.
- Uses non-saturable, non=closing tuning fork
- Provides both phase and amplitude data on
5000 or 6000 Bird Dog Plus Analyzers.
- Electronics link BIL, tested to 230kV,
leakage tested to 765kV.
- Fiber optics immune to HV arcing and corona.
- Battery powered with auto shutdown feature
(within 5 minutes in idle).
- Fiber cable detachable for easy cleaning,
maintenance and safety testing.
- Used in over 500 electric utilities
throughout the world.
- Backed by over 20 years experience in high
voltage power optics.
- Voltage rating: to 69kV (230kV - Special)