Accurate and reliable
performance data is difficult to acquire safely,
particularly in the hostile high voltage environment
encountered in utility distribution systems,
including CT rated primary metering sites. Quite
often testing is not done, allowing installation
error, environmental damage, magnetization and
manufacturing defects to go undetected. This can
result in serious metering deficiencies - problems
that can add up to critical kilowatt-hour losses to
The Retriever II Fiber
Optic High Voltage Current Probe safely interfaces
to the Spinlab 5000 Bird Dog Plus Analyzer to
provide the essential current measurements cost
conscious utilities need today. With the Retriever
II, it is now possible to make in-service ratio,
wiring, and burden tests on primary metering CTs.
600-FC1 AC Current Coil Probe
600-MB1/2/3 Plug-in Meter Base Adpt.
600-MP1 Mini Current Probe
600-TC1/TC2 Test Cables
High Voltage Probe Kit
100-CS2 Carrying Case
- 50 foot fiber-optic cable.
(longer lengths available on
- Portable, easily installed on
energized lines from the ground
using a hot stick.
- Compact, lightweight - less than
3lbs, including removable hanging
- Range 2A to 2,000 Amps Auto
- Broad bandwidth (10kHz).
- Accuracy: 0.5% of reading.
- Uses non-saturable, non=closing
tuning fork core design.
- Provides both phase and
amplitude data on 5000 or 6000 Bird
Dog Plus Analyzers.
- Electronics link BIL, tested to
230kV, leakage tested to 765kV.
- Fiber optics immune to HV arcing
- Battery powered with auto
shutdown feature (within 5 minutes
- Fiber cable detachable for easy
cleaning, maintenance and safety
- Used in over 500 electric
utilities throughout the world.
- Backed by over 20 years
experience in high voltage power
- Voltage rating: to 69kV (230kV -